Foundations of Sporting Directors Course
Learn the technical dimensions of running a football club that creates value for clubs on and off the pitch.
Master the strategies you need to advance
Foundations of Sporting Directors Course is a fast-paced course.
Bringing together a variety of top professionals to explore and convey the best methods and approaches.
Equip yourself with the skillset that will be your competitive advantage
Learn from top professionals
Connect to profs who apply their expertise in elite football
Fits in your busy schedule
100% online - complete with your peers or at your own pace - up to you
What you'll learn
Through lessons, live lectures, group discussions, and case studies, you will examine best practices and winning strategies in the recruitment of footballers, gaining new insight into strategic challenges in the football business.
Les Reed started as a three-month consultancy role at the Southampton FC the third-tier club in 2010 turned into an eight-year stay at St Mary’s; during his time the Club had a tremendous sporting growth.
In this program, Les Reed teach on essentials of building a winning recruitment strategy.
Ahmet Schaefer is the founder and CEO of Core Sports Capital where they manage Clermont Foot 63 in Ligue 1 as well as Austria Lustenau in the Austrian Bundesliga. Under his leadership, CF63 could achieve to promote to the Ligue 1 for the first time in their history, and the club made a remarkable profit on players sales in three years. In this program, Ahmet Schaefer will teach about the most delicate points of leading a sporting strategy, and relationship between directors in the club.
Start making progress
This program is for..This program will give a fresh vision for understanding the technical dimensions of running a football club.
And, you will learn effective ways to manage your teams within your responsibilities.
• Develop unique practical skills.
• Design the winning strategy.
• Sharpen your skills in new ways.
• Leverage strategy in your work.
• Transform your organisation.
• Get better players for a better team.
• Level up your skill-set.
• Take a step into a management career.
Student Success Story
How FOCUS programs helped Matt to advance his career
We’re proud to see our Foundations of Sporting Directors Course graduate Matt Johnson promoted to a new role as a Head of Recruitment for a Women’s Team at Portsmouth FC.
“The network, skills and workflow insight gained on the FOCUS Foundations of Sporting Directors Course has allowed me to obtain as role as a Head of Recruitment for a Women’s team.
Understanding how to build a successful recruitment team, create an effective workflow and work effectively as a small market club are all key learnings I will be taking into my new role.
I will continue to use the resources available on the FOCUS platform from the course to support me in this role and am in contact with members of my cohort regularly.“
Browse learning plan
This unique program focuses on the latest trends in regard to building a team and culture within a football club, recruitment models and sporting strategy, youth academy, legal matters, as well as understanding the role of tech in squad management and recruitment.
• Lesson 1: Formation of a Well Working Group of Scouts
• Lesson 2: Daily Work in the Scouting
• Case Study: Right To Dream & FC Nordsjælland
• Lecture: Anna Edwards & Dave Slemen teach on the importance of having a core team for building a successful organizational structure.
• Lecture: Ahmet Schaefer teach on leading a sporting a strategy.
• Assignment 1
• Lesson 3: Scouting Reporting
• Lesson 4: Youth Scouting
• Case Study: Bodo Glimt
• Lesson 5: Scouting History
• Lesson 6: Team Planning and Recruitment Strategy
• Lesson 7: Building a Successful Squad
• Case Study: Royale Union Saint Gilloise
• Lecture: Mads Davidsen on creating a resilient sporting strategy.
• Lecture: Les Reed the essentials of building a successful squad and creating a winner recruitment strategy on and off the pitch.
• Lecture: Francis Cagigao on the essentials of building a successful squad and creating a winner recruitment strategy on and off the pitch.
• Assignment 2
• Lesson 8: Timeline of Squad Planning
• Lesson 9: Defining Target Markets
• Case Study: VfB Stuttgart
• Lesson 10: Academy & First Teams Connection
• Case Study: Santos FC
• Lecture: Gianpaolo Monteneri teach on legal matters to assess as a seller and buyer club
• Lecture: Aloys Wijnker teach on the essentials of growing elite-level players.
• Lecture: Gareth Henderby explain the secrets of Right to Dream and FC Nordsjaelland on growing elite-level young players.
• Assignment 3
• Lesson 11: Investment Types
• Case Study: River Plate
• Lesson 12: Collaborating with Agents
• Lesson 13: Utilizing Data and Its Limits
• Case Study: FC Dallas Rising on the technology and academy integration
• Lecture: Rodrigo Picchioni teach on foundations of data & analytics department, and leveraging performance through data & analytics.
• Lecture: Ben Larrousse teach on utilizing and maximizing the value of a data & analytics in a recruitment strategy.
• Case Study: Brentford FC
• Assignment 4
• Q&A Session: Live Q&A Session with Ingo Winter
Stay inspired with an expansive library of learning contentAs a member, you get access to numerous learning content focused
on the biggest trends and challenges in today’s sports world both on and off the pitch.
Meet your lecturersYour esteemed lecturers are change-makers in the football industry who are committed to
empowering you with the essential skills and knowledge needed to excel in your professional journey.
Clermont Foot 63
Core Sports Capital
Right to Dream
Twenty First Group
Monteneri Sports Law
FC Nordsjælland & Right to Dream
Hear from our members
Be part of a community of collaborators
You’ll join a cohort of ambitious, generous professionals who will help you grow.
Learn with like-minded professionals..
Learn the technical dimensions of the running of a football club.
Get exclusive access to thought-provoking articles, insightful talks, and a treasure trove of expert lectures. Join our community of football enthusiasts and professionals who are shaping the future of the game.
Stay informed, stay inspired, stay ahead!